Posted by: Glam Girl | 2013-02-05

Losing cm''s not KG''s

I have been on a Sure-Slim diet for three weeks. I have also started boot camp training with a personal trainer. Diet is low-carb high protein. Eating tree times a day. One dairy a day. I have one hour boot camp sessions 3 times a week and in addition I run approx 4km on a Saturday and another 4km on a Sunday.

I am exercising 5 times a week, sticking to my diet and yet the scale stays the same. 1.7 meters and 67.4kg....I have lost some centimeters through....but still no weight. I am not cheating on my diet and really am putting everything into my exercising....why and I not loosing kilograms? Eating well and exercising/ doesn''t make sense and I am getting very frustrated!

Dear Glam Girl
Losing cm is proof that you are losing fat even if the scale does not indicate that you are losing mass of kg. You may be developing muscle tissue with all this exercise and muscle tissue ironically weighs more than fat tissue! Your present BMI = 23,3 which is already very close to the ideal of 22 (weight 64 kg), so weightloss when your body weight is already practically ideal can be very slow. Take care not to force your body to lose too much weight so that you start becoming anorexic.

Posted by: Cornelia | 2016-01-17

I've been dieting for a month and also have not lost n single gram but notice alot of cm. I dont really excercise but have 3 kids that keep me busy. I am 1.68cm and weigh 95.9kg. What could be my problem? What can i do to loose weight?

Reply to Cornelia
Posted by: Frustrated | 2015-09-21

I've been dieting for months now and I've lost a lot around my hips and waist but still the scale sits at 80 and I'm on the verge of giving up. I fo uoga twice a week and belly dancing once a week and I do dog walking. What sm I doing wrong I've got a fair amount of stress and anxiety and no energy

Reply to Frustrated
Posted by: Bgirl1982 | 2015-06-22

Hi there, I too am battling. Am only loosing cm's on the banting diet and no kg's - am banting for 1.5 months now. My height is 1.67m and my weight at the moment is 67.4kg I have lost 2kg (that's what the scale says) and that is where it stops. Now I am only losing cm's..... I have cut everything out already that I could possibly cut out... Any help?

Reply to Bgirl1982
Posted by: Glam Girl | 2013-02-05 addition my thyroid is normal. Blood testes didn''t show anything....Fasting Glucose is at 5.0mmol/L and CRP (C-Reactive Protein at < 1.0 mg/L)

Reply to Glam Girl