Question
Posted by: Pam | 2011/01/20

lose weight

good day
I''m having a hard time to lose weight &  will like your advice as to what i should do . just found out that my cholestrol is very high as well.

thank you

Dear Pam
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. This low-fat diet should also help you reduce your cholesterol, but if you find after 6 weeks that your cholesterol remains high, I would recommend that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). When you are on the Diet site, also click on 'Food as Medicine' and 'Healthy Heart' to read more about heart-healthy tips.

1

Dear Pam