Question
Posted by: dw | 2012-05-29

lose the intimacy

Hi. I think I have a problem. I am in love with my boyfriend and he is with me. We waited to have sex and now that we are intimate, I feel disconnected from him even though nothing has changed between us. It is just the act of sex that makes me distance myself from him. I am starting to come up with every excuse not to have sex with him and it is still early days. It happens in all my relationships...I want this one to work, so need to sort this out. Please help. Thanks.

Remember that sex and love are different things, though obviously often related. It sounds as though you decided too early in this relationship to start having sex with him. But if you say this has happened a number of times before this, there is probably a more general and personal element at work here, and it would be a good idea for you to see a counsellor to work to understand this better, and to deal with whatever else may be troubling you.

1