Question
Posted by: Ricco | 2011/03/30

Lorien Tablets

Hey Doc

After taking Lorien for a few weeks I started to break out with acne on my shoulders, chest, neck and a bit of my forehead (not as bad though). It says that if a rash or skin problems occur as a side effect of Lorien, one must discontinue the medication. I took Lorien for about 3-4 weeks and stopped after the break out got to a point where I was becoming a bit depressed because of it. Which defeated the whole point of me taking Lorien in the first place. My girlfriend (we live together) has been taking Lorien for a few months now and for a few weeks was even taking 2 a day. She developed a rach on both her arms and has now gone back to just 1 a day and the rash has gotten better but is still there. In the Lorien box it says " discontinue the medicine in patients who develop a rach since systematic effect, involving lungs, kidneys or liver, have occured in such patients" . So my question is: how serious is this? and in your opinion, do you think we/she should stop taking Lorien?

Dear Ricco
If the rash is associated with the Lorien, yes, stop it - there are many other anti-depressants on the market that you can use instead. You should actually show your doctor the rash and discuss other treatment options with him.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/30

Dear Ricco