Question
Posted by: Siraaj | 2011-05-26

Loratadine/post nasal drip

I suffer with post nasal drip &  stuffy nose which leads to a heavy chest &  occasional wheezing.I was diagnosed with Allergic Rhinitus &  prescribed Beclate aquanase spray.I used it for a few months till my pharmacist reccommended Laura.It seems to relieve the stuffy nose &  sneezing bouts but not the post nasal drip.What else do you reccommend &  is it advisable to take Laura continuosly?Thank you

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Siraaj

You should see an ENT for a formal investigation, as you have now been treated with two of the possible options for management of the condition. The nasal spray contains topical cortisone, and is an important part of the treatment. The product you used may not have been effective, ask your doctor for another prescription, as newer options are available. The other tablets are anti-histamines, and treat another aspect of your problem. Ideally you should be on both, until your symptoms are controlled. You may also be suffering an infection, which may require anti-biotics.
Please see you doctor.