Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/09/15

loosing weight too slow. Why?

Hi there doc

I am seeing a dietician, she gave me a meal plan to follow that I am doing and managing to follow very well. I exercise everyday for 30min, doing skipping and running. In the first two weeks of dieting I managed to loose 1.7kg and now i am week 3, I did not manage to loose anything last week and this week also nothing as yet. why is it so slow? Please help, any suggestions. I am 32yrs old, have 2 kids and weigh 78.6kg and when I starting dieting I weighed 80.3kg. Please, what can i do to speed up the process?

Dear Losing Weight too Slowly
You need to contact your dietitian and discuss this problem that you are not losing weight after the first week. She will have to check if you need to change anything in your diet (e.g. reduce the energy or fat contents, or change to a low-fat, low-GI diet). Keep up the good work with the exercise, but do consult your dietitian so that she can adjust your diet.

1

Dear Losing Weight too Slowly