Posted by: Mum-to-be | 2009-01-15

loosing weight on my third trimester

kindly advise if everything is under control, i' m pregnant expecting my first born on due dat 12 Feb. my worry is i have been dropping weight by a kilogram every month till now. two month i dropped by a 1 kg, last month same thing happened, this month again a doctor said i have dropped again by 1 kg. does it have a severe impact on my unborn child, and my blood pressure level is very low. pls advise what is wrong with me, what should i do to make sure my baby is healthy and super. i know i should be gaining lot of weight right now since this is my last month but i' m disappointed if i' m dropping it

I presume your doctor is checking the growth of the baby. As long as this is okay, your weight is not important. Be sure that you are eating a proper diet.

Posted by: mum-to-be | 2009-01-19

thanks for the replies
quickly to answer Jane oh her suggestion, i guess she isn' t a mother by the look of things, 1st u can' t go on up until you are 37 weeks preg without having done HIV test, and any other infection tests. i have done HIV test three times, when i was 4mnths, 6mnths and most recently i have done on wednsday, i have been attending Hillbrew clinic and now i' m wiht Brenthurst, visiting Gynaedoc there, so please don' t just assign HIV testing to any other matters, to me its just shows how immatured you are and remember some of us do look after themselves and also love their unborn babies in a way that we can do anything to keep them health and developing within our bodies in a most kind and lovingly environment.
thanks Sdee, point well taken and looking forward to have a health baby
Kate, from my experience u might be on the 4th week or just wait for next two months so u can confirm we a GP or a Gynocology

Reply to mum-to-be
Posted by: Kate | 2009-01-16

Please advice because I am confused. My last period was the 13 Dec 2008. I did a blood test on Monday 12/01/09, but dont know how many weeks I am pregnant. Is it 5 weeks, start counting from last period, or is it only 3 weeks, when ovulation took place (27 Dec 2008?)
Date: 16/1/2009

Reply to Kate
Posted by: sdee | 2009-01-16

Why is it that when someone suddenly loses weight even if its a few kilos then u have to suggest an hiv test?mum-to-be,our bodies are different,im also pregnant,and instead of gaining lots of weight,ive only gained 0.5kg,i eat like a pig,not everyday though,and baby is well and doc is happy with my weight gain.I do crave junk food now and again,but i just try to include fruits and veggies in my diet.If u want to,you could go for the test,its advisable if u are preg,but if ur doc says baby is fine and u are fine,i dont see why u should be worried.I think as long as u try to eat healthy and not losing weight at an alarming rate,why worry?Good luck with your pregnancy

Reply to sdee
Posted by: jane | 2009-01-16

i think you should test for H.I.V just to be sure

Reply to jane