Question
Posted by: Didi | 2011/10/10

LOOSING WEIGHT

i DO WALK/ RUN EVERY EVENING FOR ABOUT 35-45 MINUTES, AFTER RUNNING/ WALKING I DO SKIPPING ROPE FOR 10-15 MINUTES WILL THIS ASSIST ME IN LOOSING WEIGHT AND BEING FIT I JUST NEED TO LOOSE 4KILOS.

Hi Didi

It may help, but it depends a little on diet as well. Exercise and diet complement one another, so you need to manage both if you're to achieve results.

On the exercise side of things, you're doing well, the duration is good, and if you're running and skipping, that's good intensity, so it will be good.

In terms of diet, it's really tough, especially if you're aiming to lose only a few kilograms. Sometimes, it's more difficult to lose 4kg than 30kg, depending where you start from! So I would encourage you to see a dietician, have them assess your diet and make some practically and easy to maintain changes.

Ross

3
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/10/13

Hi Didi

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/10/13

Hi Didi

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: Care | 2011/10/12

Dear Didi

It is important for you to realise that you need to expend more energy than you are taking in if you want to lose weight. In other words the calories that you eat has to add up to less than the calories that you burn every day. If your meals add up to 400 calories each and snacks to about 200 calories that means you are taking in about 1800 per day. By just sitting and breathing you burn about 1200 calories. That leaves 600 calories of which you burn about 300 by running and 200 by skipping. If you want to lose weight you can then either eat 200 calories less or walk during lunch time or do some weights in the morning so that there is a negative figure at the end of the day. This means that weight is lost. This is just an example of how it works. Hope it helps.

Reply to Care