Question
Posted by: Phira | 2010/08/11

Loosing weight

I am a woman of 24years old and feel like i''m overweight my weight is 67kgs, I dont know what to do coz I have ulcer and arthitis

Dear Phira
I can unfortunately not work out if you are overweight or not, because you did not supply me with your height in metres?? To work out your BMI (which is a way of checking if you are overweight or not), multiply your height in metres (e.g. 1.7 m) with your height in metres (e.g. 1.7), thus 1.7 x 1.7 = 2.89.
Now divide your weight in kg (67 kg) by the 2.89, to obtain your BMI. If I use your weight (67 kg) and divide it by 2.89, I get an answer of 23.2 which would be your BMI. A BMI of less than 18 is underweight. A BMI between 18 and 25 is normal. A BMI above 25, but below 30 is overweight. I trust that you are receiving treatment for both the ulcer and the arthritis? If not, please consult your doctor for the correct treatment. If your BMI is higher than 25 and you need to lose weight, you can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (for example like swimming if your arthritis interferes with other kinds of exercise).

1

Dear Phira