Posted by: Tammy | 2009-10-07

Loosing weight

I have decided that I have had enough of all this extra weight that i am carrying. I am 31 yrs old, married with 2 kids. I have started on Duromine on Monday. I weigh 80kg and is 1.6 in height. I would like to loose at least 10kg be December. Is that possible. Please advice as my eating plan is as follows

B/fast: All Bran Flakes or 1 egg
Snack: Apple
Lunch: chicken salad
Snack: Yogurt
Supper: I use a side plate to dish my food &  will just have some veggies
I drink 3lt of water per day
I only have one cup of coffee and I do not exercie but would like to start next week with jogging.

I have cut out bread, rice and pasta and also try to avoid all fatty foods are I have given up coke.I hope that all my effort is not in vain and that I will be able to start seeing results at least by the end of the month. Oh, i take duromine as early as 04h30 and so far have no side effects, just dry mouth which I do not mind as it gets me to drink water.

Will I loose weight by continueing to do this?

Dear Tammy
You will certainly lose weight on this diet as it is very low in energy, but it is also not balanced (I would add another 2 cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt to the diet, for example have fat-free cottage cheese with your vegies at supper). You need more calcium which is provided by 3 servings of milk or dairy a day. The fact that you are also drinking too much water can cause water retention because you will wash important minerals out of your body which causes what is called an electrolyte imbalance. Stick to 2,5 litres of liquid a day, not more.
You should lose approx. 1 kg per week on this diet plus the additional dairy, so by December you should have lost at least 8 or more kg.
Keep up the good work