Posted by: fat | 2009-01-19

loosing pregnancy weight

Hi. This is my second c-section baby and I had a sterilization with the c-section. I am breastfeeding and the baby is now 5months old. With my first one I lost all my weight and even more within 4months. With this baby I have only lost the birth weight 7kg and I picked up 20kg (18kg with the first one). I am trying to eat right and exercise. But I am not loosing the weight what could be the problem. Thank you

Dear Mommy
Congratulations on the birth of your second baby. Each pregnancy is different and you may find that it takes longer this time to lose the weight you gained. Breastfeeding your baby is one of the most important things you can do for him/her so I would not recommend any drastic diets or excessive exercise while you are busy with this. Stop eating high-fat or sugary foods. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), but add 2 cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt to your daily food intake to ensure that you and baby obtain enough calcium for your needs. Keep up the daily exercise, for example take baby in the pram and go for long walks in the fresh air. As you start losing weight and get fitter you can increase how fast and far you walk.
Enjoy the baby!

Posted by: Heidi | 2009-05-15

Can you tell me how many calories I need per day so that I can start loosing the weight. My baby is 5months and I am still breastfeeding. I also exercise 3 times a week for about 45minutes to an Hour. Or can you maybe help me with a sample dietplan.

Reply to Heidi