Question
Posted by: ST | 2011/02/21

loosing it

please help... i am struggling to concentrate, I put things in weird places forget what I have said to someone.... often my child will call me and I dont react till they shout..... I know that I heard them and in my mind I thought I answered them..

people at work talk to me and I kind of drift off thinking of completely other things??? then a few days later they say they told me and I cant remember cause I drifted of....

I feel like i am a bad mom that I dont spend enought time with my children but I am exhausted when I get home I just make a quick dinner and then get into bed. there is no romance etc btw my hubby and I either..... I am just to tired and I am taking a multi vitamin. I dont excersise either cause I am again to tired so inturn I look horrible. I feel like my brain is shutting down on me slowly.... please help.

I dont like who i am becoming......

I find as I get older, more often I put something important in a Safe Place, and then lose the Safe Place, and only find the missing object when I'm looking for something else, some time later.
But you seem to be describing problems in concentration. Exhaustion may well be a pat of this - are you taking any other kind of medication or drug, or using alcohol ?
I'd think you need a good phyical checkup, perhaps from a good GP, and then maybe also an assessment by a psychiatrist, both looking for potential explanations and solutions based on their assessment. Sometimes, for instance, a significant degree of Depression can arise with all its symptoms but without a noticeable "sad-depressed" picture, so it doesn't so easily get recognized.

2
Posted by: ST | 2011/02/21

Thank you for your reply. No I am not taking any other meds and alcohol over weekends yes.

I will make an appointment with the Dr as soon as possible.

Reply to ST