Question
Posted by: Nina | 2009-09-08

Loosing Centimeters?

I would like to find out if there is anything like loosing centimeters? I' m not on any diet or anything but my clothes don' t fit properly anymore (big), but everytime I weight myself the weight is still the same. Is this possible at all?

Hi Nina

Yes, absolutely. If you exercise well, you often find that you change shape and appearance without changing the number on the scale. There are a few reasons for this - one is that you're gaining muscle mass and also plasma volume, and so any fat you lose is "masked" by this gain. It's a good thing though, and the fact that you're losing centimeters should be taken as a sign that you're going in the right direction.

So I say keep it up and keep losing centimeters. And try not to weigh yourself too often, because your'e doing something right, so don't discourage yourself by looking at a misleading number.

1
Posted by: Lucy | 2009-09-11

Exactly the same thing has been happening to me. I have upped my exercise regime and it has had absolutely no effect. I have been running 3km everyday (7 days a week) and doing circuit training 5 days a week - for nearly 10 months. You don' t say how old you are, but I am 36 and my doctor says it could be related to changing hormones. I am starting Weighless today and hopefully this combined with the exercise will make a difference. It is very frustrating.

Reply to Lucy