Question
Posted by: Jo | 2012-11-08

Loose weight?

Hallo dr

Im weighing between 62 and 63 currently at 1.67m. I know it is not overweight but for me it is toooooooooo much. I stayed on a weight of between 56kg and 58 kg''s for the last 5years and gained this extra weight during the past 3 months. It sdriving me nuts!

Im using euthyroxs, and Nuzak daily together with Estradot (had a hist about 11y agao). for the past 10 years and never had a problem. (Nuzak is the only " new"  medication from Feb).

As I never had a problem with my weight this gain is bad for my self esteem, as i feel like an elephant. I eat small amounts of food throughout the day, never having a big plate of food, rather 6 to 8 nibblings.

My hormones etc had been tested about 6 weeks ago, but nothing is wrong. Can you think of anything why I''m not able to loose or maintain my weight as usual?

Dear Jo
As you say, you are not overweight and your BMI = 22.4 which is ideal for an adult woman. My copy of MIMS lists weightloss as a side-effect of Nuzak, so I doubt if this medication is affecting your weight in the opposite direction. If you are an 'elephant' I think you are a very lovely slim and trim ellie! I would recommend that you join a gym or Walk for Life and do regular exercise to combat depression and to firm up your body. If you become obsessed with this weight issue then I would recommend that you discuss the issue with a clinical psychologist.

2
Posted by: Refiloe | 2012-11-16

have problems with focus and aeitntton I see.The question I posed is not the veracity of the poll results but the relevance of the population polled. The demographics expressly do not include data indicating payment for medical or health care or whether such care was even sought by participants. The polls you cite are irrelevant not inaccurate. They are irrelevant because they do not address issues inherent in ObamaCare. They do not address the question of who pays for what.

Reply to Refiloe
Posted by: Amel | 2012-11-16

those so called poll resltus were done by Gallup and others. i can point you to the precise URL if you like. and it''s irrelevant completely irrelevant what the demographics are. more people favor than disfavor the law. therefore you cannot use the populist logic that the american people do not want this law. furthermore YOU don''t have a clue what the demographics are either. all you have are blanket preconceptions about how the demographics cut across these polls

Reply to Amel