Question
Posted by: Loose teeth | 2008/07/01

Loose teeth due to fall

I had a recent mishap where I fell on my face and have noticed that my front teeth are loose.
Will this firm up or what should I do as I do not want to lose my teeth.
Please advise.

Expert ImageProsthodontist

Good morning. Sorry to hear about your mishap! Yes the teeth should firm up, but you should let your dentist or prosthodontist check for the following possibilities:
1) Root or supporting bone fractures
2) Any change in the nerves of the teeth
3) Changes in your bite

These complications, if present, could result in severe problems if not diagnosed and treated. Should you require the contact details of a dentist of prosthodontist near you please contact the South African Dental Association on 011 – 484 5288.

Kind regards.