Question
Posted by: anon | 2012-10-28

Loose Skin Problems

Dear DietDoc

I pray that I am posting this in the correct place, I have lost 65kg by just eating healthy, over a 1.5 year period.

I have SO much loose skin that makes me feel uncomfortable, I have been to a doctor for assessment for the skin and surgery was suggested - But the cost is unbelievable!!! Also Med-Aid wouldnt cover it.

Please tell me what to do!! I just want to be thing already!!!! :(

Dear Reader
Firstly congratulations for being an unbelievable ***star**** and losing those 65 kg - that is the equivalent of another whole person! There is the problem of loose skin after such massive weightloss and I can imagine that you must feel frantic that after such an effort you are now faced with flabby skin all over. Seeing that a plastic surgeon is not an option from what you say, I would recommend that you investigate skin clinics and beauty salons. Ask around to determine who offers what and how much these treatments cost. However, at the end of the day, the only permanent solution to very large amounts of loose skin is to have it removed by a plastic surgeon. Perhaps you could make a financial arrangement with a plastic surgeon. I know a number of people such as pensioners, who cannot afford to pay the full amount for their operations or treatments, and they have been able to arrange to pay off the money owing via stop orders over extended periods.
I am holding thumbs that you can come to an arrangement that will help you look wonderful.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-10-29

Dear Reader