Question
Posted by: Tippex | 2010/02/23

Loose skin after weight loss

Hello, I am a 22yr old male and have lost significant weight from when I was much younger. But now I am stuck with excess skin around my mid area that wont go away. I do gym 4 times a week but would like to know what exercises are good to improve the loose skin. I mostly do cardio at the gym. The rest of my body is in proportion so I just want to lose the mid area (which I know one cant spot lose).
Please help.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Dear Tippex,

Congratulations on losing so much weight! It is wonderful that you have decided to make such a big lifestyle change!

Maybe you can try to do exercises aimed at your abdominal area or complete the weight circuit in stead of doing cardio all time. If you alternate the exercises and do some weight training, you will see improvement. Unfortunately for more detail I am going to refer you to a biokineticist for specific exercises. They are trained to work out exercise programs designed to target specific problem areas!

If you have any nutrition-related questions I would love to help!

Good luck and enjoy the day,
Sunita

1
Posted by: Sports Nutrition | 2010/02/25

Dear Tippex,

Good luck and enjoy the day,
Sunita

Reply to Sports Nutrition