Posted by: Angela | 2009-08-04

Loose skin after weight loss

Hi Mr T

Over the past 15 months I have lost in excess of 30kg' s by changing my eating habits and moderate excerise.
I now have loose skin that I would like to get rid of.

I am particularly interested in what excercises I can do to firm up the skin on my breasts. Obviously with the weight loss my boobs have shrunk, and now seem to hang. What excersises will help firm the skin around my breast area?

I still walk / jog for about 30 - 40 minutes... will this help tone my body in general?

My other problem area is my thighs - I cycle on my stationary bike for this...

Any advice regarding the above would be much appreciated.

I have come this far with the weight loss... now my I' m on Mission " Get Hot!" 
Thanking you in advance.

Hi Angela

Good for you to have lost that weight so far, and it sounds like you did it the right way! Congratulations! Your latest mission is arguably a more challenging one, though I'm sure you're up for it.

The skin problem is difficult, and weight training can help, though in varying amounts, from what I've heard. Some people say it works, others battle. I'm not sure if you're at the gym or not, but if you are then you have access to a range of exercises. I think the best bet is the circuit, for now, because you're after all round toning, not one or two specific areas. So if you can get to the circuit twice a week then that would help.

Keep up the walking and jogging, they've brought you so far, and so don't change it if it's working! The cycling is a good way to complement it, and if you can do more of that, you'll tone the legs, including the thighs.

You must need to give this one some time to work, and shore up the diet. It's really important that you eat very well for this "mission". Losing weight required a good diet, toning and firming requires an excellent one, so this is worth looking into.