Question
Posted by: Kammy | 2011/08/11

Loose Skin

Im not sure if this is the correct forum to post my question but I would appreciate some help. Im 22, Indian female. I''ve got a problem which I would wanna turn to surgery for because I feel it cant be fixed any other way. I noticed the skin on my eyelids are very saggy. I don''t use make up at all. I did go through a crazy phase when i was 19 when I used make up everyday but after my skin started burning alot because of the makeup I stopped completely &  its been over 2 years now that I have been all natural. I dont know what could have caused this but the skin sags, it looks like skin on a 60 year old. Im not happy with it, Is there maybe a procedure that I could go for where the access skin could be removed or tightened? Thank you

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Kammy, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would ideally like to examine the upper eyelid skin before giving the best treatment advice.

Generally speaking one has only 2 options: surgery (known as upper eyelid blepharoplasty) or laser fractional skin resurfacing to tighten the skin. The choice depends on the degree of skin laxity and the best degree of skin tightening one can expect with fractional skin resurfacing is around 30%. Your best option would be to consult a plastic surgeon who can examine the area of concern and give you the best treatment advice.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/08/13

Hi Kammy, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert