Posted by: Ansie | 2009-01-15

Loose interest in sex during sex

My husband 46 and I always had a great sex life. We had regular sex 1x - 2x a day up to babout 5-7 months ago. His sex drive reduced to 1x month or even less, he is eager and get stiff, but while we are having sex he will loose his stiffness. This is causing problems for me. What could be wrong with him? or do you think I am the problem? How can I fix it?

Erectile difficulty is a common concern with the aging man – there are several factors that could impact on the ability of maintaining or even getting an erection. The more a man experiences difficulty with maintaining an erection it often results in enhancing the problem and frequency of the problem as he is most probably so concerned that it will happen again that it results in it happening. Stress, medical problems, performance anxiety, medication, depression, psychological worries, etc are just a few of the factors that could have an impact. I recommend that you consult with your medical doctor to determine whether we are dealing with a mechanical/physical problem and seek the best assistance – there are medication on the market that could assist with getting and maintaining erections. Furthermore I would suggest that the two of you consult with a psychologist that specializes in the field of sexual concerns to assist the two of you in constructively dealing with the distress – on both sides.

The following website might provide you with interesting information that could be beneficial to you and your husband: