Posted by: Angie | 2009-05-18

Loose flab after weight loss

Hi thereRoss,

I have lost 25kg' s over the past year. Now I have this aweful loose skin / flab around my lower gut and thighs which just doesn' t look nice at all. My question is: If I just cycle or brisk walk will this help this problem? Or do I have to target the specific areas to tone them?

Please advise what program or exercise would best suit me for this problem.

Thanking you in advance

Hi Angie

It will help a little bit, yes, but the toning and targeted exercises are more effective. This can be a difficult one to solve, however, and so you have realise this and be patient. This is why rapid weight loss is never really encouraged, although hopefully your progress was steady and consistent, in which case it can be combatted a little better.

So a mix of cardio and walking/jogging is a part of the solution. The rest involves doing toning exercises, which you can do in the gym, to develop the muscle underneath and change the appearance.