Question
Posted by: Lee | 2009/11/09

loose 5kg FAST

Hi Doc,

Pls assist me. i currently weigh about 60kg, want to weigh around 55kg (5.2m tall).

I am starting to walk around the school grounds (twice) until i am fitter then i will run/walk (2 to 3 times a week) I will also be starting calanetics (1 a week) in January - not close to a gym.

this is my daily diet (dont want to spend lots on food). i know that my proteins and carbs must be present in each meal.

BREAKFAST - ALL BRAN WITH LOW FAT MILK AND SWEETNER / CUP OF COFFEE WITH SWEETNER

SNACK - 1 FRUIT / CUP OF TEA WITH SWEETNER

LUNCH - 2 SLICE LOW GI SEED LOAF WITH COTTAGE CHEESE

DINNER - GRILLED MEAT (PORK / CHICKEN / BEEF) WITH STEAMED VEG

SNACK - 1 FRUIT

I also consume around 1litre of water a day.

thank you

Hi Lee

I think exercise wise, you're doing OK for a start. Over time, you'll need to increase the duration of the run, and the frequency. I'd be aiming for 4 to 5 times a week, not 2 or 3. Also, the intensity is vital, because if you don't exercise hard enough, you don't burn the energy. That's not something you can force, though, so focus on getting fitter, and let that take care of itself. I'd suggest that you should pick a goal other than weight loss - maybe to get yourself fit enough to run 10km or soething like that.

In terms of diet, I'd suggest seeing a dietician. It's vital, because you're trying to lose 5kg when you are not overweight. That's a tough ask, and diet must be perfect. Yours is pretty thin at the moment, and I'm not sure it's sustainable, and so I'd suggest seeing a dietician to make some modifications. I'll be honest - losing 5kg when you are not overweight is tough to do, and so you'll need diet to be perfect.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/09

Hi Lee

Reply to fitnessdoc