Question
Posted by: Worried | 2012-08-23

Loop after child birth

Hi, i had a baby on 29 Sep 2011. When I went for my 6week check-up i asked the doctor to insert a loop because i feel it''s less hassle than the pill. Since i have the loop my menstual cycle is 2weeks long (the first 3 days a brown fluid and then heavy beeding for 4 to 5 days then the brown fluid again).
My last cycle 2 weeks ago only lasted 9days and not 14days and the bleeding started immediately and not after a few days.
Some times after sex i stuggle with infections. At this moment I have infection and there is a bad smell, the ithing is better now. Sometimes when i have infection there is a realy bad rotten smell.
I use lil-lets during my periods because its just too much to use just a pad.

How long does the loop last before i have to get a new one? and does a loop cause any future problems?

The loop can cause heavy periods and there is a slightly higher risk of infection. The loop lasts for 5 years. Severe infections can cause tubal blockage.

4
Posted by: Elleon | 2012-09-06

I know exactly how you feel as I too expirienced the same! I believe it could be the loop because i do not wear tampons and had the same issues. My sex life was non-existent as I was so self concious. As soon as my loop was removed the smells have gone away and I feel so much healthy down there! Every woman is different and its through expirience that we can educate others. I hope all goes well!

Reply to Elleon
Posted by: debra | 2012-09-06

that is tru my gynae also advise me not to use Li lets,

Reply to debra
Posted by: rieta | 2012-09-06

do not use li-lets again, they also contribute to infections. rather use pads. that is was my doctor advised me to do.

Reply to rieta
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-08-29