Question
Posted by: Mrs A | 2012/10/03

Loop

I want to know more about the Loop, i am 26 years old and does not want to have another baby right away, i got i child and he is turning 3 maybe in aother 3 years time i will consider having another child, the problem i have is that i am on the injection and its totally maing me swell up and thats why i am enquiring about the loop.

Can you please shine some light regarding the above,

thanks
Mrs A

The loop is inserted and lasts for 5 years. The copper IUCD can cause problems with heavy periods and sometimes period pains. The Mirena loop does not have these problems and in fact often takes periods away.

1