Posted by: Emotional Wreck | 2012-09-23

Looking for a urologist in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town

I am urgently looking for a flexible urologist in the Northern suburbs (Bellville, Durbanville, Kuils River or Panorama), as my present urologist refuses point blank to do a CYSTSOCOPY under LOCAL anaesthesia. He INSISTS on doing it under GENERAL anaesthesia despite the fact that my medical aid will NOT cover the cost of a general anaesthesia as they know that it is unnecesary. Does someone know of an accommodating urologist in the Northern Suburbs who IS prepared to do a cystoscopy under LOCAL anaesthetic? I suffer from a very severe anxiety disorder and am genuinely completely unable to handle the stress of a GENERAL anaesthetic.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with doctors and specialists in the Northern suburbs but feel free to contact Dr Martin Bigalgi at Medi-Clinic Vergelegen, Somerset West. You can call 021 - 850 9000 and ask to be transferred to him. He is very kind and will assist you with a second opinion.

Posted by: EJ | 2012-09-26

Dude, I''ve had 3 cystoscopies and believe me its not something you want done under local anesthesia. Its very painful and they also strech the bladder. Rather get it done under general.

Reply to EJ