Question
Posted by: Chrissie | 2012-11-07

Long term stress &  weight gain

Good day, I''m very health conscious &  have been eating a balanced diet for many years. For the past 14 years I''ve almost had constant stress. My tummy gets bloated when I have excessive stress [maybe too much cortisol] &  my whole body swells - seems like a type of water retention.. can I use any natural supplement to loose weight, besides the fact that I should walk on a regular basis? Kind regards Chrissie

Dear Chrissie
From what you say, you may well be suffering from a combination of cortisol-induced water retention and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or gastritis caused or exacerbated by the constant stress. I would recommend that you use probiotics ("good microorganisms") such as Bifidoflora or Intestiflora (buy at health shops) for the IBS and that you ask your medical doctor if there is any gentle medication that you can take to help your intestines to relax. Water retention responds to extract of juniper berries. Buy some juniper berries at the health shop and boil 1 T of the berries in 1-2 cups of water. Strain out the berries and drink the extract warm or cold once or twice in the mornings.
I hope this helps