Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

Long term effect of daily hair wash

Hi, I am 26 and have been washing my hair every morning for the past 10 years. I have thick hair and it styles more easily when washed. So yes, it gets washed and blowdryed every morning.

I want to know if this could bring on hair loss later in my life? Or is hair loss a " genetic"  condition?

What is the effect now and later that this frequent washing &  styling could have on my hair?

Thanks!

Dear Anonymous
Washing your hair often won't cause hair loss, but may cause dryness or rebound excessive oiliness. Hairloss is caused by hormone imbalances, stress, disease, low iron or vitamin deficiencies.