Question
Posted by: Dorah Morekhure | 2011-05-06

Long periods after giving birth and depo

I gave birth on 30 Oct 2010, had periods for a week. I had first depo injection in February 2011. On 20 April 2011 i had my periods. I thought they were normal. I still have periods even to this day. there is no faul smell and the periods are not heavy, its just spotting. Is it normal or is there something wrong. When can i expect them to stop or can i take pills that will make them stop.

This is comon after Depo. It often gets better after the second injection.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-05-09

Posted by: Cleo | 2011-05-07

THis is very normal. I too am on Depo. You will probably find that your periods (spotting) becomes less and less. However only some people''s periods stop completely. It differs from person to person. I too still have teh occasional spotting after having been on Depo for years

Reply to Cleo