Question
Posted by: Kar | 2009-01-08

Long periods

Hi there i had my daughter 2 and a half years ago and since then my period has gone completely mad! It lasts about 12 to 13 days and by about day 9 it is like a flood. Not sure what is going on. I am not on any contraception at all. Also the other day i went for an ultrasound and all of a sudden my right ovary is not there. Was def there before my caesar is it possible they took it out by mistake when they did the caesar. Also could this be the reason why my periods are so hectic?
What should I do?

Your ovary is probably there, but n opt visible on the scan. This is not uncommon, especially if it is tucked behind your uterus.
You need to see a gynaecologist to tell why your periods are heavy.