Question
Posted by: blackbird | 2010/11/12

long long time ago.

how many oldie''s are still around, and more importantly, mentally, how you all doing.

Hi CS, how you doing and more importantly, are the cat(s) treating you well ?. Our cats are doing fine with training their humans, but we still slip up sometimes, specially with morning breakfast, and living in country with daylight saving, we get woken up at funny hours, but ..

thanx for all the advice over the years, what i need to ask is, i have found that as i have aged, and a history of bi-polar and a sprinkling of PTSD, i have become very intolerable of any stress, and sometimes my mind is purely occupied by thoughts of extreme violence towards people in my distant past as well as people in my mediate environment. small things like people bumping into me at the pedestrian crossing will make me have to take extreme willpower not to turn around physically attack them.

seems now that i actually have less stress in my life i''m more stressed. crazy, the less i have to worry about , the more i worry. what chemicals can i take, even thought about the stuff most women take, rescue-remedy, but i think i''''m more in the league of industrial strength chemicals !!

Do i make sense ?

Thanx, and i still sometimes miss the africa of old.

Not doing too great right now, as I'm currently going through the agonies of another Kidney Stone, but otherwise generally OK. And the current cat is excellent.

Therapy, especially of the CBT variaety can help one identify and desensitize some of the triggers for your anger, and to handle them better when they arise.

2

Posted by: Liza | 2010/11/12

I''m still lurking around. Haven''t had an episode since last year November. This after having about 6 episodes in 2009. I haven''t had a panic attack in months, but general anxiety is still a problem. I still jump about a meter every time someone startles me - which is quite often in our office since I sit with my back to everyone else. My colleagues have learned not to touch me when I''m working with my headphones on. They rather wave a hand where I can see it out of the corner of my eye :)

Reply to Liza