Question
Posted by: Sam | 2008/10/31

Long distance travelling

We are driving up to Jbg from Cape Town with our 5 year old basset. We will be going with a single cab bakkie without a canopy. He will have to sleep at my feet in the bakkie because I dont want him to travel on the back. He is very used to travelling in a car with us and regularly takes long trips with us, but never this far and with so little space. Do you think it is necessarry to get him a sedative for the 14 hours ahead? I don' t want him to be uncomfortable.

Thank you!

Dear Sam

You can give him Nutricalm, a very natural calmer or use DAP spray in the car for the journey. What works bets is to get some Valium from your vet.