Question
Posted by: jean | 2010/09/10

long distance still confused...

Hi Doc,

Sent you a mail on the 8/9/10 took your advise emailed the guy in DBN, basically saying what happens now, very fond of him &  was it a once off thing, got a reply from him saying, really likes me and is sure that things will become more serious over time, and no it was not a once off thing and time will tell there exactly this is going...I am now more confused that ever that is not saying much I find it to be very vague, I still have the butterflies when speaking to him, have been smsing each other for the past 6mths, seen each other 3 times already, but what is going through my mind at the moment is how do i know that he is not doing this to someone else, that he is not just stringing me along, I am not good at the casual dating thing, and don''t know what to do...as I think I''ve fallen head over heels for this guy...

Well, his reply sounds rather promising, dopesn't it ? If he does not like you, there'd be no point in responding as he did. But if the relaionship is to grow and prosper, somehow a way has to be found for you both to inhabit the same city at the same time. Butterflies don't often survive months without contact.

2
Posted by: CM | 2010/09/10

I recently married my after a long distance relationship of 5 years. The beginning is quite difficult and uncertain. I personally felt " why not just try and go with the flow"  at the beginning - at time went on we got more serious. He is right ht only time will tell and he at least he said it is more than just a once off. So for the moment be happy about that because its early days, stop to worry to much and enjoy the butterflies!

all of the best

Reply to CM