Question
Posted by: Guilty | 2011/05/04

Long distance relationship

I have a big burden....I stayed in JHB for couple years and I met my partner at the same company that I worked for. I then got a better opportunity and moved to PTA but we still saw each other once a week. Now I have a new job where I am working 6 days a week and I am so scared of what will happen between us. I feel guilty because I keep on moving further and it feels like he might get tired of travelling once a week to PTA. What can I do because I do not want to lose him...I suffer from depression and since I am with him,I am happy than I have ever been.I am scared!!!1

Romany makes good sense. Relationships are difficult, and long-distance relationships more so. One may be reluctant to turn down job oportunities at a time when one's career is developing nicely ; and one may be reluctant to end a relationship ( or try to convert it to a more basic friendship ) if it seems promising, too. You can both look for jobs that are gegraphically closer together. If this is not posible, and the relationship ends, that is sad but will not be the end of the world, as fortunately we are all capable of more than one sincere and good relationship. Just not at the same time !

5
Posted by: Guilty | 2011/05/05

No offence Truth, if you dont have nice things to say...please dont comment. Oh and I am not looking for drama nor sympathy!

Reply to Guilty
Posted by: Truth | 2011/05/04

If he is looking for work in PTA what is the problem?
Sounds as if you are just looking for drama,sympathy. What advise were you looking for?

Reply to Truth
Posted by: Guilty | 2011/05/04

He is looking for work in PTA

Reply to Guilty
Posted by: Romany | 2011/05/04

If you are sure that this current partner is the one you want t make a life with you need to make some sacrifices. It is a known fact that long distance relationships are NOT healthy and I am sure many people will post their stories here as proof.
You need to have a discussion with him about this and if he feels the same ie. that your relationship may lead to a future together, then you need to find a job closer to where he stays.
There are many sacrifices that you have to make for love in yoiur lifetime. both of you.
Maybe he will even suggest that he finds a job closer to where yu stay? Depending on the circumstances ofcourse.

Reply to Romany