Question
Posted by: Petty | 2010/02/01

Long distance relationship

It’ s the first time in my life, being in a relationship with a person who is 200km from me, I was married used to stay with hubby until he passed on, three months ago, I met such a caring, man, who wants us to commit before the end of the year. Now he got a new job in Limpopo, I am finding it hard to cope without him, he is planning to gain more financial stability in Limpopo, and will be back to PTA in 1yr time or so, though we will visit each other once in a month, (We talk daily) practically I am not myself, I am just thinking he might to me be coming home, and weekends are now so dull without him around, we used to go to church together and visit friends and families now I end up spending sleepless nights. How do I carry on daily?

Long-distane relationships are always difficult, even for the most loving and devoted couple. If this is time-limited, and for about a year, and you have the chance to meet each other quite regularly, and to keep in contact in the meantime, you can get used to this, and remind yourself of how good things could be once this period in exile is over.

1