Question
Posted by: jean | 2010-09-08

long distance has me confused...

k met a guy in march the night before he left to dbn he was living in town for 9 yrs(met him the night before he left), we hve been smsing each other since he left(phones me in the mornings, phones me at night), i in the interim went to dbn for a week to go see him(end of may), all went well started smsing each other again when i got back, he had recently(last weekend) come down to cpt for the weekend saw each other again as well as his friends which took up most of his time, my question is nothing was said over the weekend about where this is going, i need to ask him where i stand how do i do this without coming across as too clingy: herewith my attempted sms to him:actually wanted to chat to you this weekend but the timing was never right, then i thought to myself maybe there is nothing to say, but this however is not true i am now more confused than ever, IS THIS IT...NOTHING SERIOUS...WAS IT JUST A ONCE OFF THING...or could this actually materialise into something if that was an option??I''m not trying to be obessive don''t know what the future holds ....just want to know if i forget about you in that sense and carry on with my life or not, IF I COULD PLEASE ASK ANYONE FOR HELP ON THIS...DON/T KNOW WHAT TO DO I OBVIOUSLY THINK I HAVE DEVELOPED FEELINGS FOR THIS GUY ''CAUSE WE''VE BEEN IN CONTACT NOW FOR 6 MTHS (our sms''s are never sexual or anything like that...)AND HAVE GROWN FOND OF HIM

I've never met a long-distance relationship that didn't have some difficulties. Pity you didn't ask him the "where is this going" question while you were together ; it's harder to do at a distance. YOu could e-mail him (?) oe SNS, saying you've grown rather fond of him, and are wondering whether he wants this relationhip to develop further, or just to remain long-distance friends

1