Question
Posted by: Hayley | 2010-08-26

Long cycles, trying to fall pregnant

Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me out on this or at least give me some advice on what to do. I lost my baby at 20 weeks in August 2009, the gynae did a c-section. Hubby and I wanted to fall pregnant right away and after months of trying the gynae started me on Clomid in April 2010 and no success in falling pregnant and discontinued using the Clomid in June 2010 as I believe the Clomid did more harm than good for me. Being on the Clomid I was having a 32 day cycle. Since being off the Clomid im having a 56 day cycle and all pregnancy tests are negative as well as blood tests, so I’ m ruling out pregnancy. The last time I had a period was 2 July 2010, that is almost 8 weeks ago.
Hubby and I are desperate to fall pregnant but with my long cycles I have no idea when ovulation happens. What is the next step?

Dear Hayley

There is certainly a hormonal imbalance, which is probably coupled to an ovulatory dysfunction as well. It is possible that the hormonal imbalance linked to your previous pregnancy loss and I would recommend that a full a thorough hormone evaluation be done as soon as possible. In particular you should be looking at the Prolactin and Thyroid function test and should these be normal, I would recommend that you visit your gynaecologist. It may be necessary to use strong ovulation induction agents, which should be done under the supervision of a fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: zoe | 2010-09-08

Good day,

I had my right fallopian tube removed a few years ago, I have been trying for 4years to get pregnant but every month I ovulate from the right side. And the 2 times I did ovulate from the lift I did fall pregnant but lost the baby’ s between 10 and 12 weeks.
Will Gonal F help me to ovulate from the lift side more than ones a year and is it posible to fall pregnant when I ovulate from the right side were I do not have a fallopian tubu?

Z

Reply to zoe
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-08-31

Dear Hayley

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert