Question
Posted by: Hayley | 2010/08/26

Long cycles, trying to fall pregnant

Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me out on this or at least give me some advice on what to do. I lost my baby at 20 weeks in August 2009, the gynae did a c-section. Hubby and I wanted to fall pregnant right away and after months of trying the gynae started me on Clomid in April 2010 and no success in falling pregnant and discontinued using the Clomid in June 2010 as I believe the Clomid did more harm than good for me. Being on the Clomid I was having a 32 day cycle. Since being off the Clomid im having a 56 day cycle and all pregnancy tests are negative as well as blood tests, so I’ m ruling out pregnancy. The last time I had a period was 2 July 2010, that is almost 8 weeks ago.
Hubby and I are desperate to fall pregnant but with my long cycles I have no idea when ovulation happens. What is the next step?

Hallo Hayley
With such long cycles you may not be ovulating at all. You should see a doctor specializing in infertility. They need to determine when you are ovulating (one can see with a sonar)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/26

Hallo Hayley
dr Bets