Question
Posted by: Karen | 2011/08/04

Long cycle and old blood

Hello, I''m a 30 year old woman. My cycles are very irregular, can be anything from 28 days to 40 days. Today was day 40 and I''ve started bleeding some brown old looking blood. I usually have a couple of days of brown blood before my actual period starts. I''m sure that''s not normal and it worries me.

I''ve also been getting bad period pains. Since I stopped using tampons, the pain isnt as bad anymore. Ive been for scans etc and my cervic looks healthy apparently.

But Im still thinking there is something wrong. My husband and I want to start a family soon and i''m worried.

thanks!

If the scans are normal, it could be a hormone imbalance. You could have a blood test to check if you are ovulating.

1