Question
Posted by: Katie | 2009/11/02

Long cycle

I' m 28 and I' ve come off the pill around a year ago. At first, my period altogether stopped for four months, then it came back, and exceedingly heavy. My cycle is around 37 days between periods though and I' ve not suffered from cramping since i was a teenager, my last period, I was in such excruciating pain, I didn' t know what to do with myself. It was also very very light. Is there a reason for this?

You need to see a gynaecologist to sort out what is going on.

4

Posted by: Katie | 2009/11/04

Thanks for your feedback guys. I' m making an appointment with a gynae this week, just to get checked out!
Thanks again x

Reply to Katie

I am 26 and have 2 beautiful children. I had the same thing happen to me before I fell pregnant

I think that your period stopping could have been your body adjusting / the heavy cramping could have been a miscarriage. It happened to me twice.

You need to be checked by a gynae for endometriosis and PCOS, sounds like you might have both.