Question
Posted by: brent | 2009-08-26

long acting testosterone injections

Hi, I' ve just sent you some questions but forgot to ask this one. I am on testosterone replacement therapy at th moment recieving sustonan 250 injection every 3 to 4 weeks. What is the longest lasting testosterone injection available in south africa ( more specifically Durban). I' ve read test. undecanoate injections last 8 to 12 weeks. Is there one that lasts longer. Im just trying to make my life easier. Thank you for your time. Brent

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

The injection I think you are referring to is called Nebido, manufactured by Bayer -Schering. It lasts about 12 weeks, administered every 3 months. I do not , however, think that convenience should be your only criteria for drug choice- whilst I absolutely recognise the importance of convenience and life style factors , your health care provider must take into consideration many other factors when deciding on a drug especially recommended for you and your unique circumstances.
Each drug one takes has positives and negatives and even side effects. I encourage you to discuss options with your health care provider- isn't it awful how much more "baggage" we carry as we age - the need for time to get testosterone replaced:)