Posted by: brent | 2009-08-26

long acting testosterone injections

Hi, I' ve just sent you some questions but forgot to ask this one. I am on testosterone replacement therapy at th moment recieving sustonan 250 injection every 3 to 4 weeks. What is the longest lasting testosterone injection available in south africa ( more specifically Durban). I' ve read test. undecanoate injections last 8 to 12 weeks. Is there one that lasts longer. Im just trying to make my life easier. Thank you for your time. Brent

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Brent, thank you for the question and the compliments.

The longest lasting injectable testosterone is Nebido (Test. Undecanoate) and they should be injected every 10 to 14 weeks (the initial injection is advised to be given after 6 weeks). Your doctor should be able to order these ampoules directly from his/her medical supplier; another option is to phone a urologist and book a consultation to get further advice regarding the injectable and the implant.
As far as I am aware the only company the compounds hormones in topical form is Solal and it may be worth it to phone them to find out further information.

Posted by: Alan | 2009-09-25

Can testosterone injections lead to hair loss in men?

Reply to Alan