Question
Posted by: Bulimic Hell | 2010/04/16

Lonesome. Tired. FED-UP

I just need some encouragement/comfort from someone. Maybe there is someone out there who can relate to my situation. I have an eating disorder, have had treatment, and usually I can manage it OK. However, every now and again I get really despondent, and then I start eating and eating and eating, even my roommate''''s food I''''d steal. Usually when I''''m in such a situation, I don''''t give a f*ck about the consequences. Until I get into trouble about the stolen food, of course. Now my roommate has had enough, she wants me to move out asap. But I REALLY have nowhere to go. Except for the grave. I have also had ENOUGH of my ed. And it doesn''''t matter HOW long I can be "  normal"  ,nobody sees that, they only focus on that ONE relapse F-up. Even if I have been "  normal"  for 4 months.

Hmm. So though an Eating Disorder is the official diagnosis, depression may be very significant and perhaps also a trigger, and may deserve some attention and treatment in its own right ? However, stealing food is obviously going to annoy any room-mate. However, you have PLENTY of ways and places to go other than the grave - back into competent therapy, for a start - with CBT plus orthodox treatment, you should be able to get control of your ED - and you're right, it does indeed become boring, and is superfluous to your needs now. If you've been "normal" for 4 months, you can do it for longer - but remmber, it's something worth doing FOR YOU, and not something you have to do for THEM

1