Posted by: Lolly | 2009-09-02

Lonely &  Left Out

Hi guys... I' ve been feeling so lonely &  left out these past few months. I used to work at a shopping centre with my boyfriend working next door. The shops were filled with people our age so we were all friends. But then I left to get a more stable job in an office. My boyfriend also left to go work with a buddy but now he' s working at a shopping mall.

I just feel so lonely. I' m the youngest person in my office- the next youngest lady is 15 years older than me. I used to go visit my buddies at the shopping centre after work but they all turned against me for some reason, and two of the girls left (after back stabbing). My boyfriend is making all sorts of friends at this mall and they all comment on each others Facebook statuses and they all get tagged in photo' s taken at work. He goes straight from work to fetch his mom from the shopping centre we used to work at (she works there), so he talks 2 his buddies there and he only gets home at 19:30 every night. I go from work straight home to be alone until he gets home. We all used to do things together but now I' m alone always and I feel so left out when my boyfriend tells me what happens at the centre and mall everyday...

YOu know, you can make friends with people who are no your own age, if you try ! I feel its so sad when anyone takes facebook so seriously, with its phony "friends" no effective substitute for actual live friendships. And
You sound woried that he may be continuing his friendships in the place you both used to work --- have you just sat down calmly and discussed this with him ? And as Bob's gf wisely points out, work is for work, and if the folks at that mall have so much time for socializing and playing on Facebook, their employers are idiots who need far fewer employees who actually do their work. And yes, make friends of your own, and get some real hobbies and interests involving other real people, and stop expecting others to do stuf with you to help you feel less lonely.

Posted by: Kelly | 2009-09-02

Gosh1Which mall did you work at and what job did you do???
I seriously need to get outa this office and have some fun like that!
I think you in real work now, no fun and games.
So Welcome!
You can however make friends with the oldies.
I was the youngest when I started here and anjoyed thier company.Old people can be fun too and have good conversations trust me and you get to hear about their juicy sex stories and all the drama hapening in thier lives too lol!
They also listen and give good advice, so make friends with them and dont feel so out of place or you will look it.

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2009-09-02

1. Work is meant for work not for socialising or hanging on Facebook - you need to grow up and realise that.

2. It' s not your boyfriend or your old friends or his friends fault that you are lonely.

You need to make a life and friends of your own. And as you go through different stages in your life you will make new friends and leave others behind. That' s just life.

What time does he get his mom? if it' s just after work there is no need for him to get home so late and THIS you need to discuss with him.

Also find yourself a hobby and join groups to meet new friends.

Reply to Bob&#39 s Girlfriend