Posted by: Saddy | 2009-03-05

Does anyone else here feel so lonely, sad and depressed?

I' m 21 and I have no friends (I don' t know why they all dropped me), I' m in a relationship with a man whom I love dearly, but he doesn' t love me (although I don' t understand why he bothers to come home at night)... I' m just so sad and it' s hard to pretend I' m not.

I'm sure many do, and even more sure that most have, at some time or another. There can be a variety of vicious cycle, in that losing "friends" can become depressing, and being depressed can lose friends. It'd probably be best to focus firstly on dealing with the depression --- see a good local shrink for assessment and a discussion of treatment options, and clear the depression. medication may help, CBT style counselling curely would help a good deal. If he's not really into this relationship, maybe it's not worth pursuing at this time. You don't HAVE to be in a relationship, es[ecially when you're unwell. . Look to relationships once the depression / discouragement has lifted

Posted by: Cheer up babe | 2009-03-06

What' s the point in putting yourself out for someone who does not appreciate or is unable or unwilling to reciprocate your love? For sure there are others out there who would make you a lot happier. Get rid of him and move on. He is an emotional vampire, feeding off your life essence. As for friends, they could not be called as such seeing that they dumped you, but if they did you must have some idea why ? If you concede that it was your fault, try to avoid making the same mistakes again with new friends in the future. Look at all the small things in life that you can be grateful for and appreciate what you have. Look forward to the future and involve yourself in the things that make you happy. Eventually it will all work out OK

Reply to Cheer up babe