Question
Posted by: Sweets | 2010/08/06

Loneliness &  Suicide

Me again, the loneliness is driving me to suicide thoughts of me an my daughter (10). What the hell is wrong with me????? On top of all this crap I have financial problems that I am R2000 over budget every month. Is suicide the solution for now, the quick solution? I try to pry, but it is not working. I am depressed and frustrated and can''t get out of it. This is NOT me!!! I am suppose to be the strong mother, the bubbly one, the mentally capable of everything. I can''t... I just can''t anymore. I tried to speak to life line in benoni, e-mailed them my whole story after I couldn''t reach them on the phone and still no reply ... another REJECTION in my life. Sorry but F*CK this, I can''t, I honestly can''t. Maybe a bridge on the way home from work today is a good way to park my car. See why does sh*t like this come into my mine???????? I want to end all but then you say I am selfish and all that shit but when you get to where I am mentally and emtionally it is I dont give a shit what you think. I am not like this sorry of r the swear words, it is pure frustration!!!!!!!!!

Morning, Sweets,
Suicide is NEVER the solution - it's the problem. If you're R 200 over budget each month, is it possible to trim that budget in some way, until you get through this spell ?
Very disappointing that you didn't manage to get Lifeline on the phone that time - but it wasn't, of course, any rejection of YOU - they didn't have a system to identify incoming calls, and then said : "Oh, if it's HER, don't answer !" Maybe your local community was having a very bad week, and had temporarily overwhelmed their lines ? Maybe Telkom had messed up their lines ( they've done that often enough to me over the years, but I recognize it as due to idiocy a Telkom, noty as anything wrong with me. )
Who has said you're selfish ? Certainly not I ! You may be self-absorbed and self-focussed right now - but that's so understandable.
Yes, of course you're frustrated. You've been struggling and at THIS particular stage don't see the fruits of all that effort. But continue, please, to be determined and ingenious in getting the help you need. IF the local Lifeline is out of oprder for some reason, isn't there another nearby reachable branch to call ? Why not present yourself to your nearest large hospital casualty and explicitly describe your situation and ask for help ? Don't ALLOW the services to neglect you and your child, and get whatever help can be garnered.

4
Posted by: RUby | 2010/08/10

Perhaps it will help to contact the South African Depression &  Anxiety support group (SADAG . co. za) - they , at least, will be able to help you with advice on where to go for treatment that isn''t too costly, and can advise you on support groups for depression.
I know it seems awful to go to a group &  " confess"  you are struggling, but, really, struggling is NOTHING to be ashamed of. Also, support from others in the same boat can really make a difference - and it''s either free, or just a small fee - much cheaper than a therapist!

You are in money trouble, but maybe go see your bank manager and ask for help on working out a budget so you can reduce your debt and end the month without being far into your overdraft.

You will find, as I did, that once you ask for help, many people are very willing to give help. Try to forget about those who don''t help - it may just be that they''re in a bad situation too and are unable to give of themselves at that moment.

Reply to RUby
Posted by: Phil | 2010/08/06

You know what, I know exactly how you feel. Been there, and yes you may swaer, cos that''s the way you feel right now.

I wish I could sit you down, and tell you how hopeless and deep in it I was not so long back. There was no way in hell I could get out of it, and trust me. R2000 is very little, mine was much much more. But it doesn''t matter, when we are in real trouble R200 or 2000 or 20 000 does not matter. Cos if you under by any ammount, then even getting R20 for a pie is a lot! But I tell you what, somehow GOD helped me through, a big sinfull-|-like me, GOD listened and pulled me through! Much more I can''t say to you, but get the stupid ideas out of your head. sorry if I sound harsh, but you need to hear harsh words sometime. And by the way, you have no right to decide for your child, it isn''t fair on them. They can still make a life for themsleves one day, and who are we to take that right away from them? Rather come and chat, and ask for advice and support. Trust me, lots of us are/were there and it does and can get better!

Reply to Phil
Posted by: FIG | 2010/08/06

Sounds like you made up your mind, sometimes we actually forget why we here on this planet earth, we not here for material things fancy car''s and all but to enjoy this gift of life God gave us, you''ve got a car you got your daughter you should really count your blessings millions of people dont have what you''ve got i''m not saying dont be ambitious but just learn to enjoy everyday life because life is what you make yourself, time of loneliness is time to reflect on your life and what you really want we all get lonely at times suicide not an option.

Reply to FIG

Morning, Sweets,