Question
Posted by: Lonely | 2009-02-03

Loneliness

Is it possible for one to be lonely in a marriage? i have been married for 9 years!

Absolutely certainly so. One can be lonely in a crowd. Sometimes its because your partner is neglecting you, for any of vwery many different reasons ; sometimes one has somewhat unrtealistic expectations. Sometimes one has failed to develop one's own life and activities, so that one is too wholly dependent on one's spouse for company and attention. Individual counselling can fruitfully explore some of these possibilities, joint marriage counselling can sort out many of them.

1
Posted by: Oh yes !!! | 2009-02-04

How sad. 9 years of a precious life lost to loneliness! That is really terrible. But of course quite possible. What went wrong, as there must have been something there in the beginning? It sounds like your partner simply ignores you in all the small (and some big) things that make up a happy marriage and I' ll bet that your friends would say that you are imagining it all, as they see your partner behaving " normally"  If confronted, you partner probably denies it. I am afraid I can' t offer you any advice apart from sympathising with you. Perhaps if the loneliness gets too much you may well have to call it day and try to find happiness elsewhere. If you can' t get it right with counselling you must not carry on allowing this to detroy your life .

Reply to Oh yes !!!