Posted by: gp | 2008-11-03

Hi all,

I am a comfort eater and therefore I am slowly but surely puting on weight. 12kg in 4 years. (I do not smoke or drink). I am bored at work and very lonely at home. I know I must change, but when I think about that I eat even more. I am just not motivated to change and I feel stupid about this.
Menopause is not helping either... Life is just not worth the effort I feel. So I may as well enjoy my food!

Any advice on how to motivate myself to lose weight?

See a counsellor, esp[ecially a CBT counsellor, and find better ways to find comfort as well as less ways to need comforting. And meanwhile, don't stock up on fattening comfort foods, and do stock healthier alternatives. Comfort yourself with carrot sticks ! And as energy says, get busy with friends and social life which will both keep you busy without empty eating hours, and motivate you so long as your friends don't revolve around drinking which is also so fattening.

Posted by: energy | 2008-11-03

friends, friends and more friends. go out and have fun with your firends. the more you go out and see how peopel look out there in there skimpy clothing and how good they look, you will definately be motivate. dont stay at home too much. i also turn to eat more when im bored at home. so i alwas go out with friends and keep my life usy. or you can start dancing, that helps a lot coz u enjoy it, its fun and you get to make firends..

Reply to energy