Posted by: Pregnant with IBS | 2011-09-13

Lokit during pregnancy

Hello, i have been using Lokit since the 31 July 2011to control IBS and a spastic colon. I found out that i am 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I would just like to know if i should continue using the Lokit or stop ? My tummy bloats up alot and theres alot oof pain.

You should immediately stop taking this product, as it can be harmful to the fetus. You should mention it to your gynaecologist that you have been using Lokit during the first weeks of your pregnancy. There are special tests that can be done at 16 weeks of pregnancy to determine if any harm has been caused to the fetus.

Use Gaviscon Plus for the bloating, as this is safe during pregnancy.