Question
Posted by: lolo | 2010-09-14

Local anaesthetic during pregnancy

Goodday

Im hoping you can help me and rid me of my anxiety. I an 15 weeks pregnant. Over the weekend I hit my pinkie toe against the bedpost and it was dislodged. I went to the GP and he administered a local anaesthetic on my toe in order to pull in back into position. However I now realise that it might have been an oversight on my part to not inform him that i am pregnant.

Could the local anaesthetic have affected the baby im carrying?

No it would not affect the baby.

3
Posted by: lolo | 2010-09-17

Thank you so much. I was really worried.

Reply to lolo
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-09-17

No it would not affect the baby.

Posted by: Boni | 2010-09-14

shame Lolo, i can understand how you feel. how about if you call you doctor and ask him, if the anaethetic done could have any effects, as you forgot to mention your pregnancy whe he treated you.

Reply to Boni