Question
Posted by: mia | 2011/05/13

Lobola

Hi! Guyz, If yo boyfriend borrowed money from u n promised 2 pay u back, then, paid lobola 4 u with it, wud u hav a problem? How wud u feel? U do know 4 a fact that he''s gonna pay u back......

Is i at all traditionally aceptable, to his family or yours, that he borrow money from you under false pretences, to pay the lobola ? You do NOT know "for a fact" that he will pay you back, only that he has said he would, and has not yet done so. If he is being deceptive and unreliable a this stage, this in't a great sign of how things will go within a marriage

5
Posted by: mia | 2011/05/16

Hi! Guyz, just thought u shud know, he paid me back my money (R5000).............

Reply to mia

Posted by: mia | 2011/05/13

No, he didn''''t say what it was 4, both families discussed everything in their first meeting &  came up with a second meeting date. I think mayb he thought he was gonna hav the money by the second meeting, then my mom called 2 say that I must cum home on that agreed date, coz we hav visitors, then me &  my boyfriend left 2gether as we cuming from the same town, then b4 we left, he asked me 2 borrow him R5000 &  didn''''t say what he wanted 2 do with it, then on that day ( the uncles were there &  his family negotiating) concluded on a price, then his family popped out the R5000 as deposit....

Reply to mia
Posted by: Romany | 2011/05/13

I do not think this is the correct thing to do from the start. It is like a boyfriend borrowing money from the girlfriend to buy an engagement rring.
No, you should have rather waited a couple more months or whatever so he could get the lobola together himself.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Truth | 2011/05/13

Only your BF can tell you if he has any intentions to pay u back - have you spoken to him?

Reply to Truth